In this live webinar we used TI’s InstaSPIN to provide the observer for a FOC PM motor drive. The control algorithm was implemented on the F28069 MCU from Texas Instruments and PSIM’s SimCoder used to generate the code. The control values were determined using PSIM’s Motor Control Design Suite. The whole motor drive system was setup and tested on a real motor.
Some specific topics covered:
- Motor parameter ID with InstaSPIN
- InstaSPIN parameter setup
- Motor control design suite setup
- Matching the hardware setup to the simulation parameters
- Generating code and importing to Code Composer Studio