SmartCtrl enables you to design the control for your power converters, including digital and analog. Fast design of controllers for various power converters including digital control design options.
Calculate the z-domain coefficients of digital compensators so they can be implemented by digital devices, e.g., FPGAs or DSPs. Digital regulators are obtained following the discretization of their corresponding analog compensators, which are calculated using the analog approach of SmartCtrl.
- Sampling frequency of the regulator
- Number of bits to represent the resolution in fixed point the coefficients of the obtained compensators
- Overall time delay in the control loop
It is a good practice to compare the discretized compensator with the original analog one.
- This built-in function supports the definition of customized plants and sensors transfer functions
- Multiple transfer functions can be plotted at the same time to compare the results
- Sensitivity analysis can be performed for any of the parameter of custom model
The predefined topologies are:
- Forward converter
- Flyback converter
- Buck converter
- Boost converter
- Buck-boost converter
For each predefined topology or generic converter you can choose the following controls:
- Voltage mode control
- Average current mode control
- Peak current mode control
This tool incorporates an UC3854A
controller as well as some other practical information, like the actual values of output voltage when a single pole regulator is used as outer loop compensator.