PSIM’s Renewable Energy module gets you on your way to a real-world renewable energy power system. It simplifies and speeds up the development process – without sacrificing high-quality, trusted results.
The module offers a range of models for solar, wind and battery storage systems, all designed to enable you to simulate, model and analyze quickly and accurately.
PSIM provides two types of PV models.
- Functional model – Simplified and easy to use.
- Physical model – Takes into account the effects of light intensity and temperature. The physical model allows users to enter detailed parameters from solar cell’s datasheet. PSIM provides the Solar Module tool to facilitate the extraction of the model parameters from a manufacturers’ datasheet. This simplifies the process of modeling and analyzing a real-world photovoltaic power system.
Maximum-Power-Point-Tracking (MPPT) Blocks – Several sample MPPT blocks are provided based on the following methods:
Subsection of PVs – getting energy out of solar panel can be challenging, characteristics of panel change, the MPPT helps you track your operating conditions. Standard algorithms are:
- First-order differential method
- Incremental conductance method
- Perturb & Observe method
Features & Benefits
Wind Turbine, Battery & Ultracapacitor Model
Wind Turbine Models
The wind turbine model, together with the Motor Drive Module, can simulate wind power systems. In addition to the models, PSIM also includes pre-built examples for the following three most commonly used wind power system structures. These examples provide an excellent starting point for custom wind power system design and analysis.
- Double-fed induction generator (DFIG) based
- Permanent magnet synchronous generator based, and
- Squirrel-cage induction generator based
In any renewable energy power system, battery storage is an essential part of the system.
PSIM’s battery model allows users to simulate battery charging and discharging process in an energy storage system. The battery model can be used to model various types of batteries. The battery model is also included in the HEV Design Suite.
Added in Version 10, the ultracapacitor model provides an accurate representation of the charging, discharging, and hold characteristics of an ultracapacitor. Additionally, there is an added modeling utility for extracting the parameters from the manufacturers’ datasheet.
Renewable Energy Resources
See what you can achieve with the Renewable Energy module. Find more inspiration here
"“OEM Power Systems (OEM) is a designer and manufacturer of power systems, such as AC and DC motors, drives, and generator controls, among others. Although it creates these systems primarily for the…" Read More ›