The ultimate simulation environment for power conversion and motor control.
More than 20 years ago, Powersim created their core design and simulation software PSIM to empower engineers in the power electronics design industry. PSIM provides expert circuit and systems level design and simulation capabilities. Our software has evolved to include multiple products in addition to PSIM. Today, we also have add-on modules, third-party software integration and hardware target support.
When get-to-market time is critical, PSIM’s power electronics simulator delivers unbeatable simulation speed while producing high quality system-level results. Even with no prior experience, PSIM’s friendly user interface means easy implementation and seamless adoption in any environment. Our products enable engineers to enter and test custom C code with our built-in C compiler. Simulate even complex power electronics systems with a vast component and control blocks library.
Features & Benefits
What’s new in PSIM Version 11.0
- Addition of new SPICE Engine Module.
- With the new SPICE Module, the ability to export netlist from PSIM schematic for LTSpice simulation, for users who need to use LTSpice models and run simulation in LTSpice.
- With the PIL Module, new support of Texas Instruments’ InstaSPIN motor control algorithm, both for simulation and automatic code generation, making the evaluation and use of InstaSPIN easier.
- New script function for plotting (including Bode plot) and controlling simulation runs, including optimization.
- Four new sensorless PMSM drive templates are added to the Motor Control Design Suite. These templates provide the complete design of sensorless PMSM drives, with TI InstaSPIN used for position/speed estimation.
- Two new blocks, “Dynamic Torque Limit Control (K_TA)” and “Dynamic Torque Limit Control (nonlinear K_TA)”, are added.
- Motor control blocks such as Maximum‐Torque‐Per‐Ampere control, field weakening control, and dynamic torque limit control are now supported for both F2833x and F2806x Targets.
- The precision of parameters in a parameter files can be set.
To find out all the details, please visit our version history page.
Modules, Add-ons & Licensing Options
PSIM Modules that work for you.
Digital Control to Motor Drives. Renewable Energy to SimCoder. A comprehensive list of add-on modules boost the power and breadth of PSIM. Additional modules to consider:
Explore modules & add-ons
Design a power electronics controller in minutes with SmartCtrl’s easy, versatile software. SmartCtrl features a friendly interface, simple workflow and seamless integration with PSIM.Observe the seamless integration.
C Block Simulation & Capabilities
A C block allows users to enter custom C code directly without compiling the code, unlike in the case of external DLL blocks where a compiler is needed to compile the code into a DLL. The C block code is interpreted and executed at runtime by a built-in C interpreter in PSIM. Click below for more details on C Block Capability & Simulation.Discover PSIM's C Block Capability.
Maintenance & Licensing Options
Protect your investment with PSIM’s maintenance option. It’s free for the first year and includes comprehensive technical support plus version updates. It’s the most cost effective way to keep your license up-to-date.Explore PSIM license options.
PSIM and its add-on modules provide robust systems level design and simulation across multiple areas including:
- Motor Drive
- Digital Control
- Renewable Energy
- Hardware Target & MCUs
The applications section of our website allows you to explore topologies such as inverters, dc-dc, ac-ac, and more. We periodically update this section to provide you with actual real-life examples that apply to your specific needs. To learn more about these applications and topologies, please click on the button below.
And when you need a bit of extra help, we’ve got online tutorials and an expert technical team to support you, whatever your needs.
For the full library of all 45+ videos, visit our Video Library page.
Want more details on PSIM? Download our Product Flyer when you click on the button below.
"“Great product! I have been using PSIM for many years to perform power electronics systems and circuit-level design. The ease of circuit entry, the speed of processing circuits, and the flexibility to…" Read More ›