POWERSIM RELEASES PSIM v11.0 WITH EXTENSIVE FUNCTIONALITIES, INCLUDING A NEW SPICE ENGINE.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Rockville, MD – December 2, 2016) Powersim, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of PSIM v11.0, with the addition of extensive new features, including a new SPICE engine.
PSIM v11.0 is now more powerful than ever. The new SPICE engine will allow the PSIM simulation platform, optimized for topology verification and control design, to support the vast library of industry standard SPICE models for a more in-depth simulation. In addition, the PSIM SPICE engine has the ability to support majority of PSIM library elements, including s-domain control blocks and PSIM users will have the ability to easily import their existing SPICE libraries or circuits and simulate them in the PSIM environment.
“The SPICE engine is a significant addition to PSIM’s v11.0 toolset. While PSIM praises itself for expert solutions in system and control simulation, SPICE is well recognized in the industry for detailed device models.”, said Dr. Hua Jin, President of Powersim, Inc. “The new platform allows users to switch between PSIM and SPICE simulations effortlessly with minimum or no changes to a circuit. By combining the two powerful simulation engines, we are providing users with the best of both worlds”.
The new PSIM + SPICE platform will provide the most complete and integrated simulation environment available today in terms of speed, workflow, and overall design path for switch mode power supplies, motor drives and other applications.
Key features & updates of PSIM v11.0 include:
- Addition of new SPICE Engine Module.
- Ability to export netlist from PSIM schematic for LTSpice simulation, for users who need to use LTSpice models and run simulation in LTSpice.
- Support of Texas Instruments’ InstaSPIN motor control algorithm, both for simulation and automatic code generation, making the evaluation and use of InstaSPIN easier.
- New script function for plotting (including Bode plot) and controlling simulation runs, including optimization.
- Support of SimCoder automatic code generation with variable switching frequencies.
- Enhancement of C block functionalities for both simulation and hardware code generation
For more information on the new PSIM + SPICE Module and to request trial access, click here.
About Powersim, Inc.
Powersim, Inc. is a market leader in simulation and design tools for power electronics research and product development in power supplies, motor drives, and power conversion and control systems. Powersim products provide the finest analysis and design tools in the industry. We strive to increase customers’ efficiency and productivity by delivering software that reduces the development cost and time-to-market. Since its first release in 1994, our flagship product PSIM has evolved from a simple power electronics simulator to a powerful simulation platform that offers comprehensive simulation and design capabilities for various applications.
Click on the button below if you’re looking to upgrade your PSIM version to include the latest features.