Toulouse (France) – May 22nd, 2018 – Software company Power Design Technologies has initiated a partnership with Powersim, a global leader in circuit simulation for power conversion, with the aim to enrich customer experience by offering compatibility between their design platforms Powerforge and PSIM.
PowerForge features and benefits
PowerForge is a powerful software platform for designing, exploring and comparing power converter designs. PowerForge empowers development teams early in the design process by covering all major aspects of power conversion in one single platform: topologies, passive and active components, filtering and cooling.
Key features of PowerForge include:
• Automated design of bidirectional non-isolated DC/DC and DC/AC conversion stages in the kW to MW range,
• Effortless transition and comparison between traditional 2-level and advanced multilevel topologies thanks to native support for NPC, flying-capacitor and interleaved parallel cells,
• Device and material libraries including IGBT & MOSFET (Si & SiC), capacitors and magnetic materials,
• Instant mass, volume and loss estimates for active and passive components,
• Ready-to-use file exports for industry standard software,
• Real-time, collaborative multi-user project sharing thanks to cloud access.
“We are excited to create this first link between our two products. The compatibility between the two platforms will allow designers to transfer power semiconductor loss data from PowerForge into PSIM. We will give our common customers a chance to explore, design and simulate the most advanced power converter designs in the same workflow.” said Nicolas Videau, CEO of Power Design Technologies.
PSIM features and benefits
PSIM is the leading simulation and design software for power electronics and motor drives. With intuitive and friendly user interface, fast and robust simulation engine, and SPICE integration, PSIM provides a complete solution for all your simulation and design needs from device-level to system-level and control simulation.
Key features of PSIM include:
• Friendly user interface; Fast simulation engine
• Comprehensive power and control libraries for system-level simulation for power converter and motor drive systems
• Built-in SPICE engine and link to LTspice for SPICE model support for device-level simulation
• Support of SiC and GaN SPICE models
• Quick loss calculation of inductors and semiconductors (diode, IGBT, MOSFET (including SiC and GaN))
• Auto code generation for TI C2000 DSPs for rapid control prototyping
• Quick control loop design of motor drive systems through Design Suites
• Support of multi-level converters and DSP control implementation
“PowerForge and PSIM complement well with each other. The link between the two tools will provide users the capability to transition seamlessly from converter design to time-domain simulation and control loop simulation and design. It will allow users to iterate in the design process quickly and speed up the development.” said Hua Jin, President of Powersim Inc.
About Power Design Technologies
Power Design Technologies is a software company specialized in building cutting-edge solutions for power converters designers. With distribution channels in Europe and North America, we help our customers build smaller, lighter and more efficient products in record time by giving them access to the most advanced topologies. PowerForge software offers a seamless experience from product specification to trade-off of most complex multilevel topologies and sizing of passive and active components.
For more information: https://powerdesign.tech
Contact: Nicolas VIDEAU – CEO – firstname.lastname@example.org
Powersim, Inc. is a market leader in simulation and design tools for power electronics research and product development in power supplies, motor drives, and power conversion and control systems. Powersim products provide the finest analysis and design tools in the industry. We strive to increase customers’ efficiency and productivity by delivering software that reduces the development cost and time-to-market. Since its first release in 1994, our flagship product PSIM has evolved into a powerful simulation platform that offers comprehensive simulation and design capabilities for various applications.