Our commitment to serving the academic community means making sure you can access PSIM and DSIM at a rate that makes sense for you. PSIM has re-designed its educational licensing options to add more modules and include more users for a significantly lower cost. DSIM follows suit.
To get started using PSIM in a classroom or research group, explore the licensing tables below.
Comparison table of PSIM Demo, Student, and Professional versions
Interested in DSIM license options? Click here.
|Circuit Size Limit||34 Elements||60 elements||No Limit|
|PSIM Student Package*||✔**||✔***||✘|
|PSIM Pro Package||✔**||✘||✔|
|PE-Expert4 Target (software)||✘||✘||✔✔|
|PIL (Processor-in-Loop) Module||✘||✘||✔✔|
|ModCoupler-VHDL and -Verilog Modules||✘||✘||✔✔|
|C block (built-in C interpreter)||✘||✘||✔|
|PWM IC models||✘||✘||✔|
|Saturable core element||✔||✘||✔|
|Advanced DLL blocks (embedded Software block and general DLL block)||✘||✘||✔|
|3-phase PLL blocks and 1-phase/3-phase enhanced PLL blocks||✘||✘||✔|
✔ Feature is available with restrictions to the demo versions
✔✔ Feature is available as add-on option at additional cost
✘ Feature is not available
* PSIM Student version has only the following Modules available: Motor Drive, Digital Control, and Renewable Energy.
** In addition to the 34-element limit, the demo version also imposes limits and restrictions on individual elements and functionality, including simulation function (data points limited to 6000 in SIMVIEW and PSIM runtime graphs). The demo has restricted access to only the Motor, Digital, SimCoupler, Thermal, Renewable Energy, PsimBook, and SmartCtrl Pro software.
*** Except non-linear machine models
**** Some of the exercises require the Motor Drive Module for full functionality. Some of the exercises require PSIM Professional (circuits with more than 60 elements) See HERE for more detail.
***** Scripting functions are limited in the PSIM Student version. Click here to go to the section on this page detailing PSIM Student version script limits.
PSIM PACKAGE DESCRIPTIONS
Student Package: PSIM + Motor Drive + Digital Control + Renewable Energy
PSIM Pro Package: PSIM + Motor Drive + Digital Control + SimCoupler + Thermal + Renewable Energy + Motor Control Design Suite + HEV Design Suite
SimCoder Package: SimCoder plus F2833x + F2837x + F2802x + F2803x + F2806x + F28004x Targets (for embedded code generation)
Other optional add-on PSIM Modules:
PE-Expert4 Target, PIL (Processor-in-Loop), SPICE, MagCoupler and MagCoupler-RT (for co-simuation with JMAG or JMAG-RT files), and Modcoupler-VHDL and ModCoupler-Verilog (for co-simulation with Modelsim).
PSIM ACADEMIC LICENSING OPTIONS
The following PSIM license options are offered for Universities, Professors, or Students:
- Student Package or Pro Package version (permanent licenses for purchase). A new PSIM Pro license includes includes first year of the optional maintenance package
- Stand-alone or Network licenses.
- Free Teaching licenses of the PSIM Student version; for instructor teaching use only and not for individual student request.
- Annual Academic Licenses (Annual subscription):
- Available for not-for-profit research projects, teaching, and coursework. No matter if you are a student working on your research project or a professor offering a power electronics class, this license fits your needs.
- The Subscription includes the maintenance package, including free software updates, upgrades, and ongoing access to technical support. The PSIM Student version and DSIM are not available as a subscription.
- Annual Academic Licenses are available with the PSIM Education Pro Package and SPICE. You may choose to add-on the SimCoder Package, PE-Expert4 Target, PIL (Processor-in-Loop), SPICE, MagCoupler and MagCoupler-RT, both Modcoupler Modules, and the SmartCtrl Pro software. DSIM is not available as an annual subscription.
- The Annual Academic License may not be available in your area.
Note: All licensing is softkey only (electronic download). Individuals students may purchase a permanent license of the PSIM Student version following our confirmation of their student status.
Please note that the PSIM Student version or lease option may not be available in your region. Please check your local distributor for the availability.
PSIM DEMO (includes SmartCtrl)
The PSIM Demo Version is free and unlimited in time. It has the full functionality, with the exception that the subcircuit and library editing functions are disabled. The total element size is limited to 34. In addition, there are further limits on individual elements and simulation function (data points limited to 6000 in SIMVIEW and PSIM runtime graphs). A limited version of SmartCtrl comes with the PSIM demo version installation.
PSIM Student – Script function limits
The following script functions are not supported in the PSIM Standard version or the DSIM Lite version:
DSIM is a separate software independent of PSIM.
DSIM Enterprise version only is available to Education users as a permanent/perpetual license. This version is unrestricted with full unlimited functionality. DSIM can be purchased separately or in conjunction with PSIM.
Note: There is no demo version of DSIM. You may request the DSIM trial here. (Professors only)
SmartCtrl is a separate software independent of PSIM.
A limited version of SmartCtrl comes with the PSIM demo version installation. SmartCtrl can be purchased separately or in conjunction with PSIM.
Annual Software Maintenance
When you purchase a new license of PSIM Professional, DSIM, or SmartCtrl Pro, the first year of the optional maintenance is included for free. The Maintenance Plan protects your software investment, and ensures that your software tool is always up-to-date. Visit our Annual Maintenance page for full details. Maintenance is not available for the PSIM Student version.